Heavy-duty batteries are described as car power stations. Heavy-duty battery life is generally 2-3 years or so, if used and maintained properly, you can use more than 4 years. If used and maintained properly, will be damaged within a few months early.
Heavy-duty batteries in the use of the electrolyte should be regularly check the height of the battery in a timely manner to check the status of the battery to check and add. Heavy-duty battery maintenance work is relatively simple, do the electrolyte solution, heavy battery and pole pile cleaning and heavy-duty battery weight control work, can effectively extend the life of heavy batteries. Heavy Duty Battery Cell Due to the extensive use of maintenance-free heavy-duty batteries, heavy-duty batteries are generally not required for maintenance under normal operating conditions.
1. Clean the exterior of the heavy duty battery
(1) check the heavy battery and the pole column chuck fixed, there should be no loosening phenomenon.
(2) check the heavy battery shell should be no cracking and damage, pole and chuck should be no burning. Otherwise, the heavy battery should be removed from the car repair.
(3) with a cloth to wipe the heavy dust outside the battery, if the surface overflow electrolyte, can be wiped with cloth cloth dirty or rinse with hot water, and then dry with a cloth. Heavy Duty Battery Cell Remove the dirt and oxide from the pole pile head, wipe the outside of the cable and the chuck, and remove the dirt on the mounting bracket. Dredge the flap cap and clean it. At the time of installation, Heavy Duty Battery Cell a thin layer of industrial Vaseline was applied to the pole and chuck.
2. Check the heavy battery level
With a diameter of 6-8mm, about 150mm glass tube, inserted vertically into the liquid mouth until the upper edge of the plate so far, and then use the thumb to tighten the upper mouth of the tube, Heavy Duty Battery Cell with the index finger and ring finger to clip the glass tube, glass tube The height of the electrolyte is the height of the electrolyte in the heavy-duty battery. The height of the electrolyte should be 10-15mm. Finally, the electrolyte into the original cell grid.
3. Add the electrolyte
If the electrolyte surface is too low, it should be promptly replenished with distilled water or market sales of battery replenishment, do not add tap water, river or well water, so as not to cause impurities caused by self-discharge failure; do not add electrolyte, otherwise, Liquid concentration increases, Heavy Duty Battery Cell shortening the life of heavy batteries. Note that the electrolyte surface can not be too high to prevent charging, discharge process electrolyte spill, resulting in short circuit failure. After adjusting the liquid level should be heavy-duty battery charge 0.5 hours or more, so that the added distilled water can be mixed with the original electrolyte evenly. Otherwise, Heavy Duty Battery Cell easy to make heavy batteries in the winter ice. The same time as
4. Check the specific gravity of the electrolyte
The proportion of electrolyte is the proportion of heavy-duty battery charge and discharge vary. The degree of decrease in the specific gravity of the electrolyte is a manifestation of the degree of discharge of heavy batteries. Measure the proportion of electrolyte in each cell, Heavy Duty Battery Cell you can understand the degree of discharge of heavy batteries. When the weight of the battery is less than 1.230 (15 ℃), Heavy Duty Battery Cell the heavy battery should be charged.
(1) measurement method. Unscrew the add-on caps of the heavy-duty battery and use a hydrometer to draw the electrolyte from the fill port to the float of the hydrometer. When reading the reading, Heavy Duty Battery Cell the proportion should be given to the eye sight line flush position, and the float in the center of the glass and not with the wall contact, so as not to affect the accuracy of the reading. The method of measuring the specific gravity with a hydrometer.
If the temperature is below 15 ° C or above 15 ° C, the actual temperature of the electrolyte should be measured using a thermometer for calculating the correction value for the specific gravity of the electrolyte.
Note that after heavy current discharge of heavy batteries (such as starting the engine), can not immediately measure the specific gravity, because at this time the electrolyte is not mixed evenly, the measured value is not accurate.
(2) the specific gravity of the electrolyte correction. Heavy Duty Battery Cell The specific gravity of the electrolyte at different temperatures have a certain error, the need to correct the specific gravity of the measured electrolyte. The specific gravity of the electrolyte is based on 15 ° C. Therefore, if the electrolyte temperature is higher or lower than 15 ℃, each high 1 ℃, should be measured from the actual value of the proportion of 0.0007; the contrary below 15 ℃, the lowest 1 ℃, should be reduced by 0.0007; Heavy Duty Battery Cell If the temperature difference is large, the following formula can be amended:
Specific gravity = actual electrolyte specific gravity +0.0007 (actual electrolyte temperature -15)
(3) from the proportion of electrolyte to determine the discharge of heavy batteries. It is possible to determine the discharge condition of the heavy-duty battery and determine whether or not charging is required for the relationship between the specific gravity and the degree of discharge of the electrolytic solution shown in Table 2. When the heavy battery discharge more than 25%, it should be timely charging. The specific gravity of the electrolyte is reduced by about 0.01%.
(4) according to the proportion of temperature. The proportion of heavy-duty electrolyte should be determined according to regional and seasonal conditions. The proportion is too high, affecting the life of heavy batteries; the proportion is too low, easy to cause the electrolyte frozen in winter. The proportion of fully charged electrolyte can be selected with reference to Table 3. The difference in the specific gravity of each cell electrolyte of the same heavy battery should not be greater than 0.01. If the proportion of a single cell electrolyte electrolyte is too large, then the single cell internal battery may be faulty, should identify the cause, be repaired.
5. Check the load voltage of heavy batteries
The load voltage of the heavy-duty battery is often checked by a high-rate discharge meter (or a heavy-duty battery tester).
(1) measurement method. When measuring, the needle of the high-rate discharge meter is pressed against the two poles of the single cell or the double-pole of the heavy-duty battery, Heavy Duty Battery Cell and the continuous time can not exceed 5 seconds. Requirements within 5 seconds, the voltmeter pointer should be stable at a scale value, and write down this value.
When the weight of the heavy battery electrolyte is measured and it is determined that 25% of the discharge has been performed, it is not necessary to perform a high rate discharge check.
(2) the general technical condition of a good heavy-duty battery, with a high-frequency discharge meter inspection, the single grid voltage should be stable at 1.6V or more in the green area; if less than 1.6V, in 5 seconds to remain stable, If there is no voltage display, or the voltmeter pointer is quickly zeroed, it means that the single cell or the whole heavy battery has short circuit, open circuit or other fault, apply the multimeter or charge to further check the analysis.
6. Check the technical condition of the heavy battery with the charging method
In order to further check the nature and extent of the failure of heavy-duty battery in order to determine the technical status of the battery can be combined with heavy-duty battery charging process to test, according to the different performance of heavy-duty battery charging test to identify the internal failure of heavy-duty battery and its causes.
1) Normal state. When the heavy-duty battery is charged, the heavy-duty battery voltage and the specific gravity of the electrolyte are increased according to certain rules, and the electrolyte temperature is not high. This indicates that the technical status of the heavy battery is normal, but it is too much discharge, should be charged.
(2) vulcanization state. Internal vulcanization of heavy-duty batteries in the charge, the initial single-grid voltage can be raised to about 2.8V, the electrolyte temperature is high, with the charge continues, a few hours later, single-grid voltage will drop to 2.2V, and then slowly rising And the same heavy-duty battery charging the same. Internal serious vulcanization of heavy batteries, single cell battery voltage will be higher than 2.8V or more, the proportion of electrolyte does not rise, the beginning of charging, heavy batteries will appear to take the bubble phenomenon.
(3) active substances fall off. Active material serious loss of heavy batteries in the charge, the electrolyte cloudy, heavy battery capacity, Heavy Duty Battery Cell charging time than the normal heavy-duty battery shortening, electrolyte boiling and other charging the end of the phenomenon will appear in advance.
(4) self-discharge. Self-discharge of heavy-duty batteries, charging a long time, the proportion of electrolyte and terminal voltage rise slowly. If there is a serious short circuit inside the heavy-duty battery, no matter how long the charging time, the specific gravity of the electrolyte and the terminal voltage will not rise, heavy batteries do not produce bubbles, electrolyte like a pool of stagnant water.
7. Charge the heavy battery in use
In the use of heavy batteries, if the discharge exceeds the provisions, should be added to charge. In addition, it is impossible to make the heavy-duty battery completely sufficient. In order to prevent the vulcanization of the heavy-duty battery or to eliminate the slight vulcanization of the heavy-duty battery, the heavy-duty battery should be regularly used for the heavy-duty battery To recharge.